Welcome to the Dyfed Shire Horse Farm
Croeso i Fferm Ceffylau Gwedd Dyfed
Welcome to the Dyfed Shire Horse Farm, Eglwyswrw a tourist attraction at the foot of the Preseli Mountains in West Wales. We are known internationally for breeding a shire horse called Major Mercury (aka Dyfed Celt) – one of the household cavalry drum horses.
There is plenty for the whole family to do, whatever the weather.
Daily Timetable of activities including:-
- Harnessing demonstrations, during which we will dress the horse in a working set of harness and explain the function and history of the harness
- Horse and cart ride (Summer Holidays Only)
- Tractor ride around the working farm
- Animal Feeding - NEW FOR 2014!
- Donkey Grooming - NEW FOR 2014!
- Land Train Ride
- '12 Months in the Life of a Working Farm' Farm Video - NEW FOR 2014!
- Egg Collecting - NEW FOR 2014!
Throughout the school holidays the farm hosts interactive demonstrations.
(From 25th May to 1st June & 20th July to 31st August 2014)
- Birds of Prey demonstrations (Tuesday & Thursday)
- Wood Turning (Sunday & Monday)
- Weaving & Butter Making (Wednesday, Friday & Saturday)
- Farriery (please ring to check when he’s coming)
Traditional farmyard animals such as our Shire Horses, Welsh Pigs, Balwen Sheep, donkeys, chickens and also our visitors from South America, the Llamas.
Indoor soft play area & Outdoor adventure area - Crazy Golf, Sand Shed and Skittles.
Nature Trail with woodlands and hedgerows to explore and stunning views of the Preseli Mountains to enjoy.
Cafe, Gift Shop & Campsite
As well as breeding Dyfed Celt, one of the household cavalry drum horses., we have also sold horses around the world to the USA, Germany and Austria! We have numerous information boards and photos showcasing Celt's glamorous and important career. Come and meet his brothers and sisters that work on the farm.