Welcome to the Dyfed Shire Horse Farm
Croeso i Fferm Ceffylau Gwedd Dyfed
Welcome to the Dyfed Shire Horse Farm, Eglwyswrw - a tourist attraction at the foot of the Preseli Mountains in West Wales.
We are known internationally for breeding a shire horse called Major Mercury (aka Dyfed Celt) – one of the household cavalry drum horses.
During your visit, there's plenty for the whole family to do, whatever the weather.
Daily Timetable of activities including:-
- Harnessing demonstrations, during which we will dress the horse in a working set of harness and explain the function and history of the harness
- Horse and cart ride (School Holidays Only)
- Tractor ride around the working farm
- Animal Feeding
- Donkey Grooming
- Land Train Ride
- Pet Corner (NEW FOR 2015!)
- Egg Collecting
Throughout the school holidays the farm hosts interactive demonstrations.
- Birds of Prey demonstrations (Tuesday & Thursday)
- Wood Turning (Sunday & Monday)
- Weaving & Butter Making (Wednesday)
- Crafters Cwtch (Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday) (NEW FOR 2015!)
- Farriery (please ring to check when he’s coming)
Traditional farmyard animals such as our Shire Horses, Welsh Pigs, Balwen Sheep, donkeys, chickens and also our visitors from South America, the Llamas.
Indoor soft play area & Outdoor adventure area - Crazy Golf, Sand Shed and Skittles.
Nature Trail with woodlands and hedgerows to explore and stunning views of the Preseli Mountains to enjoy.
Cafe, Gift Shop & Campsite. Also, 'Attic Antiques' (NEW FOR 2015)
As well as breeding Dyfed Celt, one of the household cavalry drum horses., we have also sold horses around the world to the USA, Germany and Austria! We have numerous information boards and photos showcasing Celt's glamorous and important career. Come and meet his brothers and sisters that work on the farm.